My Playbook

Friday, July 17, 2015

Fantasy Pros Mock Draft Simulator

I firmly believe in the power of the mock draft. This time of year values of players fluctuate a lot. Mock drafting is a way to gauge values of players for the upcoming season. Unless you already know your draft pick spot, I highly recommend trying mocks from all of the different spots in the draft. The Fantasy Pros mock draft simulator is a great way to do this.
A note for mobile users: Click the link at the bottom of the page for the web version to see the banners. 

All the sites that host Fantasy leagues have mock draft lobbies. some of them are rigid, and won't necessarily meet your needs for league size and rules. Then when you get into the lobby, you often find people that stick around for the first pick, and then either time out or just auto pick the whole draft. This is annoying and frustrating. Also the time it takes for each person to make a pick can be tedious.

Fantasy Pros has solved many of these problems with their mock draft simulator. The mock draft simulator takes the blended rankings of many of the top Fantasy analysts and sites and allows you to do a mock draft based on them. You can customize these mock drafts to many different settings for league size, scoring, positions, IDP, skill level of other drafters, and you can select any pick in the draft order. A mock draft on the simulator takes about five minutes to complete. How is it so fast? As soon as you make your selection, the simulator populates all the picks between yours. This allows you to gather a lot of data in a short amount of time.

The speed with which you can complete a mock draft on the simulator allows you to quickly try out all the draft spots in the order, and will let you try out different strategies like zero RB and taking slightly unorthodox picks early in your draft. It will let you see how some players might fall in your real drafts, and give you a pretty good idea what kind of team you can build from any position in the draft. I myself have already done about 40 mock drafts this year. I have tried out strategies like taking three Green Bay Packers with my first three picks, Gronking my first round pick, and not drafting a quarterback until literally my last pick, I ended up with Teddy Bridgewater.

So give the banner at the top, or the box on the side a click and get a mock draft started today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what is your opinion on fantasy guides like the one from https://www.fantasysportsdaily.com/beginners-guide/? Do you think they are helpful for people getting into the topic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a firm believer that all information is beneficial in one way or another. I am not a DFS player myself, as I am not allowed to play in the state in which I live. But even if you don't like what a guide has to say about the game, you will have formed an opinion on what you don't want to do. I read a lot of Fantasy info that I don't agree with, and I'm sure that many disagree with my opinions. As a new player you should be reading as much as you can about rules, site differences, and game strategy to refine your ideas. I know footballguys.com just published an ebook on cracking fan duel and draft kings. Those guys are very knowledgable, so I suggest giving their book a look. Socalledfantasyexperts.com have some solid baseball guys on board, and I am sure their football DFS content will be great as well.

    ReplyDelete